HaemoCer™ PLUS – Haemostasis ideal to nature
HaemoCer™ PLUS Absorbable Polysaccharide Haemostat (APH) is a proprietary patent pending technology based on BioCers Polysacharide Ultra-hydrophilic Resorbable Engineering (PURE) process.
HaemoCer™ PLUS APH incorporates a sophisticated, plant-based polymer crosslinking that creates ultra-hydrophilic, biocompatible particles.
Once in contact with blood, HaemoCer™ PLUS enhances the natural clotting cascade by rapidly dehydrating the blood and accelerating the concentration of platelets, red blood cells and coagulation proteins at the bleeding site. The second mode of action of HaemoCer™ PLUS is the formation of a robust gelled matrix that adheres to the bleeding site and forms a mechanical barrier to prevent further bleeding.
HaemoCer™ PLUS is rapidly resorbed by amylase within a few days without leaving any residues behind, depending on the amount of used material and the place of application.
Studies with both HaemoCer™ PLUS Haemostatic Powder and comparable competitor products have shown that the gel acts as a mechanical barrier and helps reduce postoperative adhesions.
The innovative PURE™ Technology
HaemoCer™ PLUS contains no animal nor human components and is rapidly resorbed and degraded by amylase. HaemoCer™ PLUS is indicated for use in surgical procedures or injuries as an adjunct haemostat, when control of bleeding from capillary, venous, or arteriolar vessels by pressure, ligature and other conventional means is either ineffective or impractical. HaemoCer™ PLUS with its patent pending technology is manufactured in Germany and available as well as approved nearly worldwide.
natural – safe – effective – The advantages at a glance
HaemoCer™ PLUS APH exhibits all the key features required by surgical professionals, namely:
- Plant based
- Contains no animal or human components
- Normally complete resorption
- Rapid resorption minimizes risks of foreign body reaction and granuloma formation
- Reduction of homologous transfusions and blood donations
- Support and product trainings
- compact packaging reducing storage volume
- Rapid off-the-shelf deployment, no special storage or defrosting
HaemoCer™ PLUS: All-rounder in haemostasis
HaemoCer™ PLUS – versatile use:
- Treatment of diff use and localizedbleeding
- For bleeding around suture lines
- Substitution of fi brin glue for haemostasisin vascular surgery
- Substitution of bone wax in bonebleeding
- Use with compatible filter cell-savers
Fields of application:
- Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Tumour Surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Urology / Gynaecology
- Burn surgery
Ease of use, DAPI application technique
Remove excess pooled blood by suction or gauze
Apply HaemoCer™ PLUS immediately and extensively to the wound site
Apply gentle compression over the wound using dry gauze
Irrigate thoroughly prior to gently removing the gauze to ensure the gelled matrix remains at the wound site