HaemoCer™ Endoscopic Applicator – Endoscopic Application of Haemostatic Powder
HaemoCer™ Endoscopic Applicator is used to apply HaemoCer ™ PLUS for treatment of upper and lower gastrointestinal bleedings. The applicator has a tube length of 2400 mm, an outer tube diameter of 2.5 mm and a pump ball as a pneumatic source. Additionally, it has a built-in HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter for filtering ambient air.
This applicator needs no handling devices (air compressor etc.) and enables a simple and uncomplicated use.
Safe and effective haemostasis
The innovative HaemoCer™ Endoscopic Applicator enables the application of HaemoCer™ PLUS resorbable powder directly through the working channel of a standard endoscope.
The application tube is inserted through the instrument channel and positioned to the bleeding. The compressed air flow generated by the pump ball transports the powder directly to the bleeding site.
This system serves as a complementary haemostatic device to control capillary, venous and arteriolar bleedings in upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. It is especially suitable for seeping haemorrhage, but also in cases where conventional haemostasis can not be used.
- Application under endoscopical sight
- Direct and precise application to the bleeding site
- usable instrument channel: 2.8 mm and above
Gastrointestinal bleedings are one of the main indications for gastrointestinal endoscopies. Bleeding treatment is a challenge depending on the location and severity.
In conventional haemostasis, thermal procedure (argon plasma coagulations), mechanical procedure (clips, band ligatures) and also injection with epinephrin or tissue adhesives are used.
Newer procedures rely on haemostatic powders to stop bleedings. Thereby it is well known in medicine, that haemostatic devices are used in endoscopic procedures in conjunction with an applicator.
Initial studies and investigations of haemostatic powders in upper and lower gastrointestinal bleedings show promising results.
Fields of application:
Ease of use, without a handling device
1. Attach the pump ball to the adapter by turning. Insert the tube of the HaemoCer™ Endoscopic Applicator into the instrument channel of the endoscope.
2. Attach the bellows bottle to the adapter. Caution: Keep the bottle upright when attaching, with the opening facing upwards. Before delivering the powder, pump forcefully the pumpball several times to remove fluid from the tube.
3. Turn the ready to use adapter to a horizontal position.
4. Powder application by powerful pumping.
In our download area you will find brochures for our haemostatic products.